- 1955/1967 New to Bamber Bridge Motor Services.
- 1967/1984 Sold to Edwards of Lydbrook Company and used on private hire.
- 1984/1988 Owned by Mr Ormond of Haslingden in preservation
- 1988/2008 Owned by Mr Robin Cotton and partners who carried out much restoration work and used for rallies.
- Nov. 2008 Bought by Cumbria Classic Coaches and Anne Harris.
- This vehicle is operated in memory Peter Harris, beloved son of Gordon and Anne Harris, who died suddenly in July 2008. Gordon who has been our regular conductor wanted a ‘living’ memorial to his son.
- It is available for private hire and is popular for wedding hire and on our bus services.
Our stunning AEC Regent III double deck, low bridge (13’6″) bus. The luxury interior enjoys full width leather and moquette seating on the top deck with an offside deep walkway. Throughout the interior decor and polished mahogany woodwork are to coach standards.
This particular vehicle was purchased by Bamber Bridge Motor Services and taken from a production batch intended for Huddersfield Corporation. Ironically it worked on service between Leyland Motors and Chorley, causing some resentment amongst Leyland employees. The rear platform sliding door was a prototype ‘Southlanco’ patent and was intended for motorisation.
- Registration: UTC 672
- Seats: 55 seated and 10 standing.
- Make: Associated Equipment Co.
- Type: Regent Mark III.
- Year: Registered 1st Jan 1955, built 1954.
- Body: East Lancashire, Lowbridge 55 seat Double Deck Bus.
- Weight: 8140 Kg.
- Fleet No: 4.
- Engine: 9.6 litre AEC diesel.
- Gearbox: Originally 4 speed synchromesh, changed in 2012 to a Constant mesh – 4 speed and reverse “Crash change”
- Brakes: Vacuum triple servo assisted and exhaust retarder.
- Springs: Steel Multi-Leaf.
- Wheels: Steel rim, tyres 900 x 20 cross ply.
- Electrics: 24 volt Dynamo.
- Top Speed: 40 mph.
- Colours: BBMS Red, black and white.