First owned by Florence Motors, Morecambe. Full history not known.
October 2002 – Purchased by Cumbria Classic Coaches from Stefan Torres, York. Class VI MOT and Certificate of Initial Fitness 24th January 2003. Now available for private hire for weddings, TV, film and all kinds of coach hire.
This coach has appeared on Heartbeat and Island at War and Songs of Praise!
Always affectionately known as “Florence”.
- Registration: JTB 749
- Seats: 33 richly upholstered coach seats
- Make : AEC
- Type: Regal III
- Single deck coach 33 seats
- Year: Registered March 1948
- Body: Burlingham Coach body, interior art deco/ art noveau trimmings.
- Weight: 7.28 tons
- Engine: 9.6 litre heavy oil (diesel). AEC, 6 cylinder
- Gearbox: 4 speed and reverse pre select fluid flywheel
- Brakes: Westinghouse Air
- Springs: Multi-leaf, shock absorbers to front and rear.
- Wheels: Steel rim, tyres 900 x 20 cross ply
- Electrics: 24 volt dynamo
- Top Speed: 45 mph
- MPG: 9 approx.
- Colours: As original Green and Cream