1950 Leyland Tiger
First owned by Crosville Motor Services. Restored to a very high standard since 1985 by Steve Morris of Quantock Heritage, Taunton as his first venture into restoration and operated by him for 27 years.
October 2012 Purchased by Cumbria Classic Coaches from Steve Morriss, Taunton. Now available for private hire for weddings, TV, film and all kinds of coach hire.
Affectionately known as "Daisy".
- Registration: LFM 302
- Seats: 31 moquette and leather seats
- Make : Leyland
- Type: Tiger PS1/1. Single deck bus
- Year: Registered January 1950
- Body: MCW general purpose bus/coach body, interior wooden trimmings with slatted floor. This was built to be more 'up market' than a regular town bus with parcel shelves and more comfortable seats. The interior has a very light and airy feel with plenty of legroom.
- Weight: 6.60 tons
- Engine: 7.4 litre heavy oil (diesel). Leyland, 6 cylinder
- Gearbox: 4 speed and reverse 'crash' change non syncromesh gearbox
- Brakes: Triple servo vacuum Clayton Dewandre
- Springs: Multi-leaf, shock absorbers to front and rear.
- Wheels: Steel rim, tyres 900 x 20 cross ply
- Electrics: 24 volt dynamo
- Top Speed: 40 mph
- MPG: 14 approx.
- Colours: As original Cream and Green.