1935 Rover 14 Wedding Car
First owned by a farmer in New Zealand, found in a field in 1971 by Albie Irvine of Ashburton NZ and fully restored by him.
September 2006: Purchased by Cumbria Classic Coaches it took 8 weeks for the Rover to be shipped from New Zealand.
We mainly use it for wedding car hire but we have driven it to Shetland for a holiday!
- Gorgeously restored to Concorse condition.
- Registration: 390 UXS
- Seats: 4
- Make: Rover
- Type: 14
- Year: Built for export 1936
- Body: Saloon
- Weight: 27cwt
- Engine: 1577cc straight 6 cylinder, 48 bhp
- Gearbox: 4 speed crash change with freewheel
- Brakes: 4 wheel drum mechanically operated
- Wheels: spoked 5.25x17 crossply
- Electrics: 12v
- Top Speed: 60mph allegedly
- MPG: 26
- Colours: Maroon and Black.